Hey, I'm Kieran! Thanks for visiting my blog. My goal is to help people learn about technology startups & business by writing about and interviewing startup founders, investors, and operators.
A little about me -- I worked in startups for five years at On Deck and Wefunder. As an early employee with a generalist skillset, I learned a lot about what works and what not to do that I try to incorporate into the topics I'm writing about if it adds value to the piece. Some of my favorite things that I've worked on during my career include:
- Wefunder Workaway: 12 founders working on a new idea, 7 days, 1 mansion in Hawaii. One of the teams we picked raised a Series A from Andreessen Horowitz, and two people who met during the trip got married...
- On Deck: As employee #15, I contributed to the startup's growth from no revenue to a $20 million run rate in less than a year. I led the team that built the admission infrastructure to support and scale ~20 fellowships for founders, capital allocators, operators, and creators.
- XX: Worked on a pre-YC accelerator program that invested $125K on an MFN SAFE into 8-10 teams per cohort.
- ODX: Worked on a $100 million accelerator program that invested $125K for 7% into 100s of startups. We partnered with leaders like Flexport to build vertical industry tracks around supply chain & logistics, etc.
- Ryan Marketing: Created an influencer marketing startup (2 million+ Instagram followers) during college with my twin brother and realized early that monetization for creators was broken. I learned a lot, and it paid enough to cover my schooling, rent, and meals.